Tomorrow I’ll run a 7K race as a prep for the next week 10K race. I’m very excited since it will be the first race of my running season. 🙂 I have been training during the summer and I hope to see some improvements tomorrow. Keep connected, I will update my feeling about it after the race.
Well, today I was thinking what I could eat for dinner and I had no idea. But, I remembered that I had a chickpea flour bag and I thought: why not? So, I went quickly to the kitchen and this has been the result.
Chickpea and Veggie Patty
- 4 tbsp of chickpea flour
- 60 gr of chopped broccoli
- 60 gr of chopped cauliflower
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- In a bowl, mix all the following ingredients: chickpea flour, turmeric, baking soda and salt. Whisk well.
- Add water and whisk to combine into a smooth lump-free batter. Add the veggies and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Drop the mix on a greased hot pan (not too much oil). Press and spread to even out. Cook on medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Serve hot with salad of choice, mushroom gravy, roasted veggies and more.
And here you are the macros of the recipe:
For the full piece:
- 351 Kcal
- 51 gr of Carbs
- 6 gr of Fat
- 22 gr of Protein
For 1 serving (half piece):
- 171 Kcal
- 25 gr of Carbs
- 3 gr of Fat
- 11 of Protein
If you try this recipe, don’t hesitate to share it with me!
Wish me luck for tomorrow’s race!